RelatioNet | Forum | Yad Vashem | Jewishgen | Sempolowska | MyHeritage | BabelFish |

06 kwietnia 2008

Sprawiedliwi Świata / Righteous of The World


Righteous of The World
by Chaim Chefer

I hear this title and it makes me think
About the people who saved me.
I ask and ask “Oh, my dear God,
Could I have done the same thing?
In a sea of hate stood my home,
Could I shelter a foreign son in my home?
Would I be willing along with my family
Constantly be threatened by certain evil?
Sleepless dark nights watching out for noise
Hearing footsteps of certain evil.
Would I be able to understand every sign,
Would I be ready for this, could I walk like this
Among those who would betray
Not one day, not one week, but so many years!

There a suspicious neighbor, there a look,
and here a sound –
For that one – warm – brotherly clasping of my hand...
Not having any pension – not having anything for this.
Because a person to person must be a people.
Because a people comes at this time through –
So I ask you and ask you once more –
Could I have done the same if I was in their place?

It was they who went to war every day.
It was they who made the world a place for me.
It was they, the pillars, the Righteous brother,
Who this day this world is founded by.

For your courage, and for your warm extended hand
In front of you the Righteous I bow.

Źródło / Source: http://www.savingjews.org/





Brak komentarzy: